Senior Adviser (Business Sale & Purchase) Level 5PM
The Business Sale and Purchase (BSP) team in Cirencester are on hand to manage the transaction and support buyers and sellers through the end to end process from valuing a business, arranging finance, agreeing contracts, completion to post-sale support. Our team of specialists are committed to providing expert advise and support every step of the way.
The BSP Adviser will lead high value and high profile BSP transactions (including share sales) through the sales process to completion and post-sale support. The BSP Adviser will deputise for the BSP Team Manager on an ad-hoc basis and supervise the BSP Sales team to deliver a high-quality service to the Field Management Team and Partnership. The role will also provide expert advice and guidance (consultancy) to the FMT and Partnership on all aspects of the BSP process and any related matters pre and post sale (deal structure/terms, finance, valuations, sales, post-sale support).
- Leads high value complex cases and ensures that Partners and stakeholders are fully aware of the process to be followed and status of the transaction.
- Takes high level of personal responsibility for ensuring that they become the SME for the BSP scheme.
- Delivers a professional consultancy service to the FMT and Partnership covering all aspects of the BSP scheme and any related matters through face to face meetings and presentations.
- Supports the BSP Team Manager to develop the role of the sales team (as part of the BSP Development plan) and ensures that coaching and personal mentoring needs of the Sales team staff are effectively delivered to maintain effective performance levels.
- Is a clear advocate of continuous improvement and in the quality of the service provided either by the Sales team members.
- Offers practical on-going support to all team members based on SME knowledge and experience
- Engages key stakeholders in a manner that builds confidence and respect for the performance of the team and the BSP scheme.
- Owns and ensures we deal effectively with escalations, issues and disputes.
- Provides feedback, reporting and insight to the BSP Management Team as required and needed.
- Good problem solving skills required to understand the different requirements of Partner businesses and how to adapt the proposition and process to meet the needs of Partners whilst balancing the requirements of the company.
- Good analytical skills required to understand commercial, financial, tax or regulatory issues and their impact on a BSP transaction.
- Ability to use sound judgement to resolve issues using non-standard solutions.
- Effective coaching and mentoring skills.
- Ability to motivate and lead a cross functional team of peers from different business areas, FMT and the Partnership.
- Ability to engage, interact and influence at a senior level.
- Ability to present confidently and articulate the BSP proposition.
- Ability to empathise and demonstrate resilience when dealing with a range of Partners from new starters to Principal Partners.
- Ability to negotiate within set parameters and for higher value/higher risk transactions with support from the BSP Sales Team. Manager and Divisional Director.
Required Technical Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Degree or post-graduate degree and/or experience in a related industry/subject preferably Financial Services.
- Detailed knowledge of the end to end BSP process from initiation, valuation, sale, completion and post-sale support.
- Expert knowledge of the key elements of the sales process for high value and complex transactions.
- Good knowledge of regulatory, compliance, accounting, tax and legal principles applicable to the role.
- Detailed understanding of the Partner Services function (Partnership Accounts, Partner Finance, Lending, Fees and BSP)
- Good understanding of other functions that can impact a business sale e.g. Marketing, IT, Actuarial Services.
- Commercial awareness of the impact of a BSP transaction on the company in terms of finance and risk.
- Good knowledge of the Partnership and how Partner businesses operate particularly in relation to remuneration, trading styles, tax, regulation.
How we Reward You
In addition to an attractive salary you will also receive a number of excellent benefits including a non-contributory pension, private medical insurance, life assurance, a share incentive plan, bonus sacrifice arrangements to name but a few.
We are extremely proud of The St. James’s Place Foundation. It is a grant-making charity where funds are raised and donated by the St. James’s Place community. The Company matches all funds raised or donated, pound for pound and since its setup in 1992 we have raised and distributed in excess of £54 million to good causes operating in the UK and abroad.
We have received much recognition for the high quality of advice and service we provide to our clients. Most recently, this has included being voted the: ‘2017 Best Private Client Investment Manager' by readers of Wealth Adviser magazine; ‘Best Financial Advisor’ atThe Personal Finance Awards’and the 2017 City of London ' Wealth Management Company of the Year'. We are also the current holders of the ‘Britain’s Most Admired Companies Award’ within our sector.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please click on the Apply button below.