Conferences Administrator - Level 6
The Conference Department comprises 13 staff, half of which work within the UK Team producing events based in the UK, and the other half work within the Overseas Team producing the annual Partners’ Overseas Business Conferences. The Overseas Team consists of the Overseas Events Operations Manager, two Event Managers supported by two existing Conference Administrators, a Finance Manager, Gifts and Rewards Co-ordinator and a further Conference Administrator. The role is based in Cirencester and does not require overseas travel.
Main Purpose of the Job:
The main purpose of the role is to provide administrative support to the Overseas Team in their planning and execution of the annual Partners’ Overseas Business Conferences. As a department, we ensure consistent delivery of the highest quality events and pride ourselves in our attention to detail.
- To support the Overseas Event Operations Manager to include booking 1-1's, Performance Development Reviews’, team meetings and other adhoc meetings
- To arrange all UK travel for the Overseas Team including train tickets, taxis, hotel meeting rooms
- To assist the Finance Manager with duties such as logging of expenses, Partner expenses and recharges, and administration of prepaid bank cards required for the Partners Overseas Business Conferences
- To support with the pre-event business workshop administration to include liaising with the workshop co-ordinator, print department and others
- To manage the packing of equipment and materials required by the Overseas Team on the Partners’ Overseas Business Conferences
- To prepare St. James’s Place Charitable Foundation pledge forms for the Partners’ Dinner, working with the Charitable Foundation Team
- To organise the provision of laptops for the Overseas Team
- To be responsible for creating the ‘Guide’ element of the Guide and Guest Booklet (using a template) for the Partners Overseas Business Meeting
- To work with the website specialist to create a photo website (using a pre-existing template) for all Partners’ Overseas Business Conferences and email to all attendees post conference. Manage CD orders and distribution as well as ongoing general photo ordering enquiries
- CPD (Career Performance Development) – to set up the individual modules and sessions for each of the Partner Business Meeting and Workshops and upload attendee data
- To assist with one off projects, centralised through the Overseas Event Operations Manager
- To support with office duties such as filing, sorting post, managing archiving, keeping the office tidy etc
- Strong administration skills
- Effective communication at all levels in a corporate environment
- Time management skills and able to manage own workload
- Excellent attention to detail
- Working on own initiative and as part of a team environment
- Working with external suppliers
- Excellent customer service
Required Technical Knowledge:
- Microsoft Office
How we Reward You
In addition to an attractive salary you will also receive a number of excellent benefits including a non-contributory pension, private medical insurance, life assurance, a share incentive plan, bonus sacrifice arrangements to name but a few.
The Charitable Foundation
We are extremely proud of The St. James’s Place Charitable Foundation. It is a grant-making charity where funds are raised and donated by the St. James’s Place community. The Company matches all funds raised or donated, pound for pound and since its setup in 1992 we have raised and distributed almost £60 million to good causes operating in the UK and abroad.
We are proud of the recognition we receive for the high-quality advice and service we provide to our clients. Most recently, this has included being voted the: '2017 Best Private Client Investment Manager' by readers of Wealth Adviser magazine; '2017 Best Wealth Manager' by readers of Shares Magazine; '2017/18 Personal Finance Awards - Best Financial Adviser’ by readers of Money Pages and voted the City of London '2017 Wealth Management Company of the Year'.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please click on the Apply button below.