Business Risk Manager, Newcastle (BRM)
St. James’s Place is a FTSE 100 Wealth Management company with £90.7bn of client funds under our management.We have grown through the ethos of offering quality, face-to-face wealth management advice and commitment to building trusted and enduring relationships with our clients. We were recently awarded ‘Britain's Most Admired Companies - Insurance’ and we are currently recruiting in a number of areas to support our ongoing growth.
Main Purpose of the Job:
Due to continued expansion an exciting opportunity exists for a gifted individual who preferably has some compliance, risk management or T&C experience either in Financial services or other industry. The successful candidate will enjoy an autonomous, flexible role, largely field based with many varied tasks. Forming part of the local Location Management team and working closely with the, Area Manager Business Risk, Head of Business and existing Business Risk Team within the Location. The main purpose of the role is to ensure the safe growth of business through reactive and proactive risk review and support.
Applications are encouraged from a wide variety of individuals, particularly from those in their early career who wish to develop further a career in Field Risk Management.
- Implement corporate policy regarding regulatory requirements (compliance procedures) to effectively identify and manage the key risks (and monitor the low risks) within the Business
- Ensure the Head of Business and Area Manager Business Risk are kept informed of all emerging risks within the Business
- Works with the Location Management Team to ensure the Business Units key risks are managed and appropriate supervision is undertaken of the Partners
- Investigates any issues that arise from feedback from the business
- Use Management Information provided, performs trend analysis and monitoring for early identiﬁcation of risk for Business.
After a period of induction and training, it is expected the the role would also incorporate the following:
- Provides feedback and coaching in relation to the outcome of Partner Compliance visits
- Undertakes regular financial review and monitoring across the Partnership
- Support, coach and develop the Partnership and others within the team to improve levels of risk awareness, ethics and quality commitment
- Able to communicate at all levels
- Good analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Service oriented approach
- Influencing Skills
- Relationship building
Required Technical Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Either holds or is studying towards QCF Level 4 qualification e.g. the CII Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning and if not is committed to putting in place a development plan to achieve within an agreed timescale.
How we Reward You
In addition to an attractive salary you will also receive a number of excellent benefits including a non-contributory pension, private medical insurance, life assurance, a share incentive plan, bonus sacrifice arrangements to name but a few.
We are extremely proud of The St. James’s Place Foundation. It is a grant-making charity where funds are raised and donated by the St. James’s Place community. The Company matches all funds raised or donated, pound for pound and since its setup in 1992 we have raised and distributed in excess of £60 million to good causes operating in the UK and abroad.
We are proud of the recognition we receive for the high quality advice and service we provide to our clients. Most recently, this has included being voted the: '2017 Best Private Client Investment Manager' by readers of Wealth Adviser magazine; '2017 Best Wealth Manager' by readers of Shares Magazine; '2017/18 Personal Finance Awards - Best Financial Adviser’ by readers of Money Pages and voted the City of London '2017 Wealth Management Company of the Year'.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please click on the Apply button below.