Business Risk Manager, Hampshire
St. James’s Place is a FTSE 100 Wealth Management company with £90.7bn of client funds under our management. We have grown through the ethos of offering quality, face-to-face wealth management advice and commitment to building trusted and enduring relationships with our clients. We were recently awarded ‘Britain's Most Admired Companies - Insurance’ and we are currently recruiting in a number of areas to support our ongoing growth.
The SJP Partnership is made up of self-employed appointed representatives providing face-to-face wealth management and financial planning advice to clients.
The Partnership is managed by a field based management team in a number of regional offices. Overall ownership of each location is managed by a Head of Business who also manages the field team.
The Business Risk Manager’s role is to provide specialist support in the management and mitigation of risk to the Business, notably Partners, the Head of Business and his development team.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
- Provide desk based risk management and consultancy to the Business.
- Ensures safe growth of our business by providing field based, 1st line quality control risk review.
- Implements corporate policy regarding regulatory requirements to identify and manage the key risks within the Business.
- Supports in the quality of advice provided by the Partnership by acting on business feedback to ensure that SJP is meeting the FCA’s TCF Outcome 4
- Responsible for managing the output and performance of the Business in line with our values and principles of TCF. Ensures all areas of day to day business activities include:
- Making decisions with client’s best interests in mind
- Creating processes that meet the needs of our clients efficiently and effectively
- Using documents that are clear, easy to understand and avoid jargon
- Keeping clients suitably informed within appropriate timescales
- Giving suitable advice which takes account of client’s circumstances
- Carrying out all business with integrity and professionalism.
MAIN FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
Legal and Regulatory Responsibilities
- Implements and maintains the required systems to ensure that the Location meets with the FCA’s objectives and the principles of good regulation.
- Completes the required preparation in order for the Business Risk Team to meet the requirements of the Partner Compliance review programme.
- As part of the Location Investigation process will assist with any investigation file review.
- Uses the monitoring systems and controls in place to ensure that any potential risk issues are identiﬁed and dealt with in a timely manner.
- Facilitates effective Risk Management processes across the Location to include coordination of Risk Management Meetings and production of minutes.
- Responsible for the co-ordination, preparation and overseeing of the Location Partner Risk Profiling conducted twice yearly.
- Responsible for ensuring the delivery of client call programme within the core elements of the field risk processes operated within the Location.
- Assists with the Financial Monitoring programme with the Location, including initial review of paperwork, file checks and client calls.
- Responsible for regularly reviewing Partner and Location KPIs including a review of the quarterly Partner credit check programme, sharing any concerns and, action to be taken with the Location risk team
- To assist with ad hoc location and area themed reviews when required.
- Ensures the HOB and AMBR are kept informed of all emerging risks within the Business.
- Ensures the HOB and AMBR are appraised of progress in relation to the management of existing key risks.
- Liaises with the Location Management Team to ensure mechanisms and SMART action plans are in place to successfully manage the Business’s key risks.
- Assists in the communication of key issues to the Partnership where requested.
- Liaises with ofﬁce administration regarding the maintenance of the required Business Risk Management records.
- Works with the Location Management Team to ensure the Business’ key risks are managed and appropriate supervision is undertaken of the Partners
- Works alongside their Business Risk colleagues within the Locations, keeping them updated on progress of their core tasks and to provide them with the required support to ensure delivery of Field Risk processes.
- Answers queries / provides data to the Business as required.
- Investigates any issues that arise from feedback from the business.
- Informs Management team of any relevant Partner development issues.
- Provides on-going oversight and assists the HOB with the management of the location’s compliance rating.
- Promotes the Company’s compliance culture.
- Identifies, manages and issues compliance breaches and analyses trends in the Partnership
- Puts in place solutions to stop further compliance breaches.
- Reviews complaints when deemed appropriate, considers the outcomes and takes action if required
- Gives guidance on general compliance matters such as shared premises issues and introducers.
- Monitors the Partner Activity Report and prompts further information.
- Attends ad hoc corporate project groups as required by the business.
- Ensures all core accreditations are obtained and retained.
- Attends appropriate management and business meetings.
- Performs any reasonable tasks or projects as agreed by the Business.
- Working towards Level 4 Diploma in Financial Planning
Technical skills / Competencies / Knowledge
- Effective communicator – both orally and written
- Effective listener
- Ability to influence
- Ability to reach pragmatic solutions
- Attention to detail
- Organised / ability to prioritise & plan
- Relevant industry experience
- Knowledge of retail Wealth Management & FP products
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and IT literate
- Understanding UK regulatory set–up and knowledge of FCA approach
How we Reward You
In addition to an attractive salary and eligibility to participate in the discretionary annual bonus opportunities, you will also receive an excellent benefit package including a non-contributory pension, private medical insurance for you and your family, life assurance and an attractive holiday allowance, to name but a few.
The Charitable Foundation
We are extremely proud of The St. James’s Place Charitable Foundation. It is a grant-making charity where funds are raised and donated by the St. James’s Place community. The Company matches all funds raised or donated, pound for pound and since its setup in 1992 we have raised and distributed almost £60 million to good causes operating in the UK and abroad.
We are proud of the recognition we receive for the high quality advice and service we provide to our clients. Most recently, this has included being voted the: '2017 Best Private Client Investment Manager' by readers of Wealth Adviser magazine; '2017 Best Wealth Manager' by readers of Shares Magazine; '2017/18 Personal Finance Awards - Best Financial Adviser’ by readers of Money Pages and voted the City of London '2017 Wealth Management Company of the Year'.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please click on the Apply button below.