Business Risk Manager (Hamilton Place)
Main Purpose of the Job:
An exciting opportunity exists for a gifted compliance professional. The successful candidate will enjoy an autonomous, flexible role, largely field based with many varied tasks. Forming part of the local Location Management team and working closely with the Head of Business and Area Manager Business Risk, the main purpose of the role is to ensure the safe growth of business through reactive and proactive risk review and support.
Applications are encouraged from a wide variety of compliance professionals, from those in their early career to those that that excelled in the field for a number of years.
- Implement corporate policy regarding regulatory requirements (compliance procedures) to effectively identify and manage the key risks (and monitor the low risks) within the Business.
- Undertakes regular financial review and monitoring across the Partnership.
- Support, coach and develop the Partnership and others within the team to improve levels of risk awareness, ethics and quality commitment.
- Ensure the Head of Business and Area Manager Business Risk are kept informed of all emerging risks within the Business.
- Works with the Location Management Team to ensure the Business Units key risks are managed and appropriate supervision is undertaken of the Partners.
- Provides feedback and coaching in relation to the outcome of Partner Compliance visits.
- Investigates any issues that arise from feedback from the business.
- Use Management Information provided, performs trend analysis and monitoring for early identiﬁcation of risk for Business.
- Able to engage, communicate and influence at all levels.
- Financial monitoring and regulatory experience.
- Good analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Service oriented approach.
- Ability to provide constructive feedback and coaching.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Field-based experience (desirable)
Required Technical Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Required to hold QCF Level 4 qualification e.g. the CII Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning or at least be very close.
How we Reward You
In addition to an attractive salary you will also receive a number of excellent benefits including a non-contributory pension, private medical insurance, life assurance, a share incentive plan and annual bonus scheme to name but a few.
We are extremely proud of The St. James’s Place Foundation. It is a grant-making charity where funds are raised and donated by the St. James’s Place community. The Company matches all funds raised or donated, pound for pound and since its setup in 1992 we have raised and distributed in excess of £60 million to good causes operating in the UK and abroad.
We have received much recognition for the high quality of advice and service we provide to our clients. Most recently, this has included being voted the: ‘2017 Best Financial Adviser’ – Personal Finance Awards, ‘2017 Wealth Management Company of the Year’ – City of London Wealth Management Awards, ‘2017 Best Wealth Manager’ – Shares Awards, ‘2017 Best Private Client Investment Manager’ – Wealth Adviser Awards, ‘2016/17 Top in Sector’ – Britain's Most Admired Companies
How to Apply
To apply for this role please click on the Apply button below.